How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.