How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.