How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.