How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.