How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.