How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.